As a licensed marriage and family therapist in Texas*, I bring my therapeutic education, ethics, and experience to life coaching. I want to provide you with the motivation and accountability you need to take yourself and your relationships to the next level of wellness.
What is the difference between therapy and life coaching?
As a life coach, I focus heavily on your goals and the future of your current situation. We will probably spend less time delving into your past and more time creating strategies and solutions that will move you forward.
As a coaching client, you’re already laying the foundation for your individual and relational health and maintaining it through consistent effort and commitment. So I want to learn from you what’s already working and what you already know how to do. Together, we will use the insights and skills you already possess to:
- challenge you to think and act differently;
- motivate you to take risks;
- hold you accountable to showing up for yourself, your relationships, and your goals.
Is life coaching right for you?
Because I view coaching differently than therapy, I try to be very clear about which service might fit better for you. Coaching might be right for you if:
- You’ve done therapy before and are looking for a brief, solution-focused approach to your current concerns.
- You’ve already developed a list of coping skills for managing difficult experiences. Your personal “tool kit” works effectively most of the time, although you’d be open to expanding it.
- Most of the time and in most of your relationships, you are able to manage conflict effectively and healthfully, choosing to communicate and repair rather than engage in escalation or avoidance.
- You and your partner experience periods of disconnection or lack of intimacy, but are somewhat skilled at discussing your needs and feelings with each other in order to reconnect.
- You’re ready to implement new behavioral or communication strategies.
- You are hopeful and excited about moving forward.
Therapy might be a better fit for you if:
- You experience a great deal of distress in your life, including but not limited to emotional concerns like depression, anxiety, or difficulty managing anger.
- You experience intense conflict in your relationships.
- Your relationships feel like they lack connection and intimacy, which creates an enormous amount of mental, emotional, or even physical distress.
- You sometimes feel hopeless about moving forward.
If you’re ready to consider life coaching or you would like to learn more, please call or email today.